Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Today in the Embellish atelier studio















Embellish has the studio in chaos - Today I have been working on 2 pieces - a beautiful flower from a luscious piece of silk and a classy little headpiece for a mother of the bride from steel grey lace piece. Am dreaming up some flowers I will make from some faux patent leather I picked up . There are still a couple of winter hats from my new collection underway and I continue to add and subtract ideas for the trims . Orders all underway - blocked and waiting to be trimmed. The colours of the felts are so delicious . I taught Making soft furnishing class tonight . Everyone finished off cushion covers and mastered zippers tonight and I demonstrated lampshade making. Such fun - really an excuse to make a hat for a lamp. Last night was week 4 my Millinery Essentials class at Sydney Community College . Everyone busy steaming and shaping their felts and finishing off the little headpieces they started. Very inspiring and productive . Some surprised at how long it takes to get it right - I love that students learn the whole process of couture millinery and really understand what is involved.




Off to International Womens Day Breakfast at Monte Sant Angelo in the morning - Tess has her speech all prepared .
Just learning to upload photos so have included a few of my recent hats - glamorous and fun -

Good night .


No comments:

Post a Comment