Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Embellish - Royal Easter Show win




















Displaying articles and materials used in hatmaking under the amazing chandelier in The Country Trader













I spent last weekend at The Country Trader at the Belle Luxury Living Show showing my latest hats and demonstrating the Art of Hatmaking. It was great to be part of this terrific event and to display my hats against the backdrop of all the incredible french furniture . Rosemarie Hillier did the duty on Sunday and took this photo for me while I headed down the long and winding road to Whispering Brook http://www.whispering-brook.com/
in Broke with the car piled with Hat boxes, and Tess , Maddie, and Helen (who were my beautiful models for the day.) What a beautiful spot - we will definitely be back. Susan and Adam have developed the perfect retreat to create their boutique wines .




I collected my hats from The Royal Agricultural Easter show where one of my hats won first place in the Leather Section - 0227 . I was also awarded a Standard of Excellence in this category . My Ned Kelly inspired helmet received a Highly Commended in the Wirework section.






Ned Kelly Inspired Hat created for Outlaws at Breathing Colours Gallery -
Highly Commended - Royal Easter Show 2010






It did rather take me back to the days of the Capella Show - could smell the saddle grease when Robert, Michael and I would trot over from the dairy to the Peak Downs Pony Club in our finest to compete .Robert and Mick often won best rider . Mum always got heaps of awards and prizes for her fabuous fruit cakes , jams , and chutneys, and Dads pigs were also well beribboned. I much preferred the barrel racing . I do recall first prize for my plate of scones one year , and in year 3 Cursive Writing... Will have to do a photo search of the year I was Miss Central Highlands Showgirl - and
was first runner up at the Brisbane Exhibition for the Queensland Showgirl Comp. Was heaps of fun and had some really encouraging mentors along the way. Great for a shy country girls' confidence. But the Show was always a big build up and a special part of our lives .


I am off to judge the best hat again this year at the New South Wales Race Horseowners luncheon at Randwick . I am certain it will be a difficult job again as everyone makes such a big effort. I love seeing everyone dressed in their finest for the races.
Enjoyed a session last night at The Sir Stamford at Circular Quay with klick communicatinos klick.com.au
learning how little I know about blogging and facebook et al. A very informative and inspiring evening .
Here are a few of the beautiful hats left from my collection if you are hatless for Saturdays Sydney Cup Day . Contact me on info@embellish-hats.com .

Minerva - Teal felt hat trimmed with handmade grosgrain trim - peri winkles.. $460













Terpsichore


Mini tophat in purple felt trimmed with fabulous hand made cerise silk flower, gold chain EMB AW17- $390










Aurora- Orange felt made on vintage 50s block with fabulous pheasant feather trim . EMB AW18







Calliope- EMB AW 14 $520 - Classic animal print felt crown and bone felt upturned brim trimmed with handmade felt , and leather flower and cut peacock feathers.




















No comments:

Post a Comment